Friday, January 24, 2014

January 23, 2014 A very special visitor

Dear Family, 

So this week has been a full and crazy one.  We had some baptism this week with two young girls that I have been working with for a while so we were really happy for that. This week we had changes and I got a new companion and am still in Santa Barbara. I guess I have more work to do here.  My new companion's name is Elder Viellos.  He is from Ecuador and it's a bit confusing but he was the companion of my last companion, Elder Breinholt, who dropped down from being a zone leader in Antigua to finish my training and left him and now Elder Viellos dropped from being zone leader in Antigua to be my senior companion.  So it's just a circle right now and my first trainer is the zone leader of my last trainer so it's all weird haha.  


We got a special treat this week. Elder Quentin L. Cook came and talked with us and it was really really good.  We got to shake his hand and other general authorities' hands as well. It was fun I got to see a lot of people I was in the CCM with but are in other missions. His talk was about loving the people and your companion and your president and the Lord and how we should focus on that and how the Twelve and President receive revelation for each missionary and how it works.  It was really good. I also sent off a package so tell me when you get it. And mom I wrote a letter but I have a goal to specifically write to you every week responding to your letters so you can email me everything and I will print it off and then write you back by hand. 

But everything is good.  It's going by so fast.  It's really weird but every day I try to make a fun day.  I'm trying to see this as a privilege more than a sacrifice of my two years because
it really is a privilege and what I am doing is incredible and there's nothing like it.

I love you all have a good week. 


Love Elder Toma 

No comments:

Post a Comment