Sunday, May 17, 2015

Dios les Bendiga!!!! (God bless you!)


Dear Family, 

It was really great to talk to you all on skype sorry I was running around everywhere everyone seems to need Elder Toma ha-ha. but I was great at least to talk for some minutes it feels like I just saw you guys a couple of weeks ago the time just keeps going bye faster than I can keep up with it. My mission I feel has been that way since I entered my mission President told me that once  that for some reason he feels that my mission is going by faster than others and I need to take advantage of it while I can. It feels that it has only been a dream but my body says otherwise ha-ha. But thank you dad that scripture helped me a lot I am now going so hard my companion is having to run on my side to keep up ha-ha. I have felt that promise that your body will be rejuvenated being fulfilled.

And thanks for the advice about the gift of discernment and capacitating the district leaders we are starting to do it and will keep on making it more on them then us. 

We had a special meeting today with the whole zone where we had the stake Presidents and our mission President talk to us it was great pretty much everything you told me they told them ha-ha and I loved it.  It made me feel like a load was lifted. But I loved a video that one of them showed of Henry B Erying where he talked about how that they Never send a missionary in the wrong place in the wrong mission. And he said it with such seriousness that I have never seen him do before he just kept saying you be careful in other words don’t you dare even think that. It made me really think that we are where we are supposed to be with the companion we should be with in the area the zone and with the missionaries and that has built me up that God knows every single one of us and what we need. And with that who needs us my companion and I were walking  and out of now where a guy in is motor bike flags us down and so we walk over to talk to him (because how many people flag you down in a motor bike) he began to talk to us and turns out he is a member of the church went in active but he got married and has 2 kids he began to talk to his wife and they agreed to investigate the church and in that same day he saw us walking and now he wants us to go and teach their family. We were where we were supposed to be at the time and place.

 I have had a lot of experiences in my mission some to personal to share. I told you the success that I have had in my mission and that it is not common at all and when I say that I mean it. The only thing that I know is that there are people that are waiting specifically for you and that doesn’t have to be in the mission we had a member give us some references of a family and a women they both have accepted to be baptized she was where she need to be doing what she was supposed to do. 

We had the counselor of the stake president and the bishop go over to a house of an investigator that we have had for a long time she didn’t want to progress she would go to church but that was about it. We baptized her son but she had some problems that stopped her but when this president and bishop when to her house they talked to her and challenged her to be baptized she is 84 years old the oldest investigator I think I have had she has 60 grand kids and 43 great grand kids and she is getting baptized this week they did what they were supposed to and where they need to be. 

I have learned like Henry B Eyring to be careful to doubt for doubt is the enemy of faith and courage. 

But I love you all be faithful and challenge everybody to share what we have. 

 
Elder Toma 
Guatemala Ciudad Central Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment