Sunday, January 18, 2015

Interview rumors and a baptism!


Dear Family, 

Well this week has been a week of just pure pure miracles. My companion and I can’t be more grateful to God. We had the privilege of baptizing three boys of a hugged family that we have been teaching for this change and it was just a miracle one of the moms turns out is a member just inactive because of just work and then she got married and just complications but we are working on trying to activate her again but her sons want to get baptized so we baptized one named Enrique who is super smart for his age he is 12 and we will be baptizing his brother this week whose name is Daniel he is almost 16 so please pray for him so that he can do it this week. We also baptized there cousins and at first we didn’t know if they could because they need permission but the moment we asked the mom was completely supportive!! That by itself was a miracle. 

 I have learned a lot during this time of personal evaluation and trail. And I have learned a lot of how we need to purify ourselves so that we can have the spirt more with us and how he helps us to be purified but also more of the power of prayer. That it is like a computer we need to have our username and password so that we are allowed to pass through and I have been learning a lot more about that how to get connected and have powerful prayers like Nephi when he built a ship Enos when he goes hunting and Mormon when he explains how to gain charity. My President has been helping me to learn a lot about how to walk my own personal Damascus from my head to my heart its about 24 inches but it is a journey every time and the moment when you begin to figure out how to make things go from just your head to your heart you get converted and change your purer and more sanctified.  

I had interviews with president it was pretty great ha-ha I love interviews you get something out of it every time. I’ll have to tell you some of the questions he asked me they were all pretty deep the scriptures have some serious inspired questions when you really look for them. But he was telling me that you go to the mission for your mission President not for the mission itself and that is something that I have completely found to be true just by the things that both have taught me and still do every time I think back on them. And also that you are where you are to find the people you promised in the life before and I have found that to be true as well and that we are here to find eternal friends and that gives me strength to go looking for the people I promised even if we get rejected all day long because maybe we can’t help some to change but it sure better make us. 

 But it has been great being here in Barcenas but like it says in the header and what my president has been saying to me I think I might be leaving it isn’t super sure but I know for sure something will be happening this change we will be going down to only 180 missionaries so it’s a lot less then before but we are baptizing more now than before even with these lesser numbers it’s just miraculous.  

 But today I will be doing divisions with an Elder named Elder Shaw he is a pretty funny kid but it will be really fun because I am going to be going back to my second area whoo!!! So I will make sure to visit some converts.  

 But please pray for Daniel and Hermana Olga that they both can be baptized this week and also in my district that Hermana Vinne y Adlso can be baptized and also the family Beltran thanks I love you all!!! 

Elder Toma 

No comments:

Post a Comment